Candle Care

 Never leave a burning candle unattended.

- Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans, other air current sources, other heat sources or anything flammable.

- Extinguish all candles before going to sleep or when leaving a room.

- Ensure burning candles are out of reach of children and pets.

- If lighting multiple candles, place them at least 10cm apart from one another. 

Ensure the first burn melts evenly across the entire surface.

- When lighting your candle for the first time, always allow the wax to melt across the entire surface and to the edges of the container. This can take 3-4 hours. 

- First burning for a short period will create a "memory" in the wax and it will only burn that distance for the life of the candle and may tunnel down.  

Discontinue use when your candle reaches 1-1.5cm from the base of the jar

- Cease burning your candle when it reaches 1-1.5cm of wax from the bottom of the jar. 

- Burning your candle and all the wax out of it can run the risk of the glass becoming too hot and potentially shattering or causing any heat damage to the surface it is on.

- Increases risk of damage (6d8 fire). 

Do not leave your candle burning for more than 4 hours.

- Your burning candle should have a constant upright teardrop shaped flame. 

- Allow your candle to cool for at least 1-2 hours before relighting it (let your candle take a short rest).

Trim your wicks to 5mm before each use.

- Trimming before lighting ensures the flame will not be too large.

- Maintaining a trimmed wick ensures there is minimal sooting and mushrooming which occurs when there is a build up of carbon on the wick end.

- Always trim your wick when the candle is room temperature. 

- Remove and debris from the cut wick before relighting. 

Is it safe to burn your candles near pets? 

- Short answer, yes! Please keep lit candles out of reach of animals, away from risk of being knocked over and ensure that they are never unattended when burning. 

- If you have birds, we recommend you avoid lighting candles in the same space as your feathery familiar.

Keep lit candle on a heat resistant surface.

- Ensure the surface is stable, heat resistant and large enough to catch any melted wax.   

Store your candle safely in a cool dry place.

- Prolong the life of your candles by storing them in cool, dry places away from direct sunlight or intense light. 

- Candles can be sensitive to temperature changes (or extreme cold or heat).

- Cold temperatures may cause "wet spots" on the glass which is a natural occurrence that will not affect your candle burn. 

- Hot temperatures may cause "sweating" where fragrance or colour can seep to the surface of the candle. If sweating does occur, please do not immediately burn the candle. Mop up the excess oil from the completely cooled candle with a paper towel and repeat as often until it is dry. Note: Dyes can stain skin so be careful not to get the oils onto your hands.